Friday, March 19, 2010

World Bank PPP Network

We are launching a new collaborative space for PPPs, it is now up and running in a bare-bones form and we will be launching it at PPP Days in Manila in March.

The site is:
www.pppnetwork.info
(if that doesn't work, this one should http://pppnetwork.ning.com/ )

The idea of this is that it provides a set of communities - one overall one and then sub-communities - that can form the platform for a broad range of knowledge management activities. We hope develop this into a platform where we post learning tools and products as well as stream web conferences and seminars. We are hoping to "scoop up" people from the various forums we have (both those who attended and invited) which will form a good base for all of our work on PPPs.

Of course we are also keen to develop this with everyone's feedback.
We do expact large number of around 600 public sector offcials (who are in our database) working in PPP related areas in developing countries to join the platform.

We are also looking for experts to play a more significant role in management of this platform, let me know if you are interested in this.

5 comments:

  1. This is very interesting...i am doing my doctoral research on Public Private Partnership....it will be more helpful for me to chat with PPP experts around the world...this is my mail address: brahma.senthil@gmail.com...any body can contact me for more details..i like to join in this forum pls let me know what i have to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is excellent! A very small number of people in developing countries are engaged in a PPP connection. Construction of human resources in the PPP for my country is of crucial importance. The World Bank can be a lot to do on this. I'm currently in a doctoral dissertation on this subject to indicate that the authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina to all the benefits of using the PPP model in infrastructure financing.
    I'm happy to be involved in these activities with you.
    Milomir Amovic
    Commission for granting concessions of Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Banja Luka
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    milomir.amovic @ koncesijebih.ba
    +387 51314060

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in working in PPP. I studied International Relation in Colombia and then I did a MSc in Water Science, policy and management in Oxford University, in both masters I did my dissertations in how involve the private sector to improve water conditions.
    At the moment, I am working at IFAD , but I will go back to London and I will live there for the next 3 o 4 years,
    Please let me know how could I help in this interesting approach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found this blog very interesting, both the commentaires and the links to international PPP units... I'm also interested in sharing info and experiences about PPP because I've just started to study this field and I find it very interesting and extremely important in a context of scarcety in public budgeting...

    ReplyDelete